T TOEFL vs SAT
There various format and section differences between both the exams, The basic of which are:
|Around 4 hours long||2 hours and 45 minutes long|
|Takes place on the same day||Takes place 2 different days.|
|Cost is a minimum of INR 11,265||Costs INR 11,100|
|Score on a sliding scale from 0 to 120||Score at any of 9 “bands,” or levels of proficiency|
But, as both these exams are standardized, it becomes harder to choose between then. Hence we have come up with a list of a following pros and cons via which you can chose which exam suits you best.
T TOEFL Test
If most of the following statements true for you, then you should pursue the TOEFL test:
- You plan to study in USA
- You find American accents easy to understand
- You prefer multiple choice questions
- You prefer your exam content in an academic context.
- You can concentrate easily for long durations.
- You prefer talking to a computer than an actual person for speaking test.
- You are good at typing
- You can easily follow a lecture and take notes
I IELTS Test
However, if you prefer most of the following statements, you should take the IELTS:
- You like talking to people one-on-one
- You would like to study in Europe, Australia or New Zealand
- You don’t like multiple choice questions.
- You like the exam content to be both in general and academic contexts.
- You like to write by hand.
- You can understand a variety of English accents.
- You prefer shorter tests.
- You prefer a larger range of questions.